Saturday 22 June 2013

Let's Read Together

I couldn't let our reading club get started on a new book without trying to drum up some more members... any ladies out there who wish they read more? I'm guessing there are lots of ladies out there who feel like they don't have the time to read. Yep, me too!  That is precisely the reason we have a ladies only virtual reading club.  We are keen to encourage and support you in your reading by slowly reading through books that you would probably struggle to get through otherwise. The reading club is a members-only blog so our discussions are away from prying eyes and we can comment freely.
For the first time I can announce that we are reading a contemporary author! After reading through books by Thomas Watson, Martin Luther, Martyn Lloyd-Jones and Richard Sibbes it is going to be quite a change to read a book by someone who is still living!
A Glorious High Throne is a commentary on Hebrews in the Welwyn Commentary Series.  Written by Edgar Andrews it has been highly recommended to me.  After a sneaky peek into the first couple of chapters I can see that the writing style is easy and direct.  Above all Christ is exalted.
Please let me know if you would like to join in ( lorna@christianbookshopossett.co.uk ), we have nearly 40 members from across the world but more are always welcome.
Lorna

No comments: