Friday 11 April 2008

WANTED... teenagers willing to read books!


This group of books, new in from Christian Focus, had me interested - finally some sensible books for teenagers covering some 'teenage' issues. However, having now read them I have mixed feelings. I know I was a teenager once, and I hate to admit that I've forgotton how it was, but I'm just not sure how a teenager would find these books. They use a fictional story (all the characters are Christians) as a starting point to discussing some serious issues - suicide, bereavement, conflicts and this is interspersed with factual information about the issues raised and suggestions for dealing with them. Is the fiction patronising? does it give too many American examples? How does it read to a British teenager? Is it helpful? I need a teenager to help me out here. Any teenagers out there willing to read these books and let me know what you think? You can have them all for a fiver if you comment on this blog (normally £2.99 each).
Lorna

No comments: