Friday 21 March 2008

Just a Thought

Thought I'd mention a customer's recommendation. She was very enthusiastic about the Sketches from Church History Student Workbook. Apparently her 13yr old daughter loves it. I have to admit, when the workbook was first published I had my doubts about it - 'workbooks' to accompany books just seems so (dare I say it?) American. Still, it has obviously pleased this customer. The workbook is an 18 week course syllabus with questions, charts, timelines, maps, puzzles and essay topics following each chapter from Sketches. Ideal (so the blurb states) for Christian Schools and Home Educators, although it obviously has a wider appeal as my customer doesn't fit into either category. Sketches from Church History by S M Houghton, for anyone that doesn't know, is a very readable illustrated account of the history of the Church beginning with the early church, right through to the 19th Century Church. It is now into it's fifth reprint since being published in 1980 so it has been a very popular book - and justly so.
Lorna

No comments: