Thursday 7 June 2007

Life Everlasting

Subtitled 'Finding True fulfilment through the Apostle's Creed.' This was the book I took up last evening, just out from Christian Focus. I'm putting it on stock this morning. Although it first came out before I was born (just), it is a delight for me to discover. How many books combine good devotional thought, personal experience in Christian ministry, structured by and giving insight to a Creed?? Much here is so necessary to be kept in mind, eg. I believe in the Holy Spirit - no hope for persevering in ministry without such clear cut faith in him and no-one else. 'He hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.' This is so opposite to man, and even to much of the attitude to be found within churches! The seed sown in weakness God directs in power when and where he will.
There is much more here to digest, I've just given a hint about its personal impact.
Jeremy

No comments: